So, I have a postage stamp of a garden in front of my town home. I really can't have a real garden and we aren't supposed to grow veggies, but lets just say we all hope I keep the commandments better then the homeowner association rules :). Nobody has bugged me and my wayward garden with a couple of veggies. Anyways, yields aren't high and I know I have spent more to grow these things than I ever would have at the grocery store, but the kids loved it, and they have learned. Here are their first beans :), and my little garden. They actually had me cook their 3 beans and they each had one for dinner. I think the learning and the joy is worth the money.Hope they like it this much when they are big and I make them get up at 6 am in the summer to weed! When we have a house of coarse!
Sunday, August 1, 2010
For the Learning, Not the Money
So, I have a postage stamp of a garden in front of my town home. I really can't have a real garden and we aren't supposed to grow veggies, but lets just say we all hope I keep the commandments better then the homeowner association rules :). Nobody has bugged me and my wayward garden with a couple of veggies. Anyways, yields aren't high and I know I have spent more to grow these things than I ever would have at the grocery store, but the kids loved it, and they have learned. Here are their first beans :), and my little garden. They actually had me cook their 3 beans and they each had one for dinner. I think the learning and the joy is worth the money.Hope they like it this much when they are big and I make them get up at 6 am in the summer to weed! When we have a house of coarse!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Maybe you can pick the beans at our house. Maybe not as much joy but, they will taste good!
Post a Comment