Leelou Blogs

Friday, January 16, 2009

Camera blues

So, We have been taking some great pics of Christmas and some recent ones sledding...and even some big belly pics.....just to find that for whatever reason our camera doesn't want to download. No problem...we removed the card and put it in our old camera, whose rechargeable battery is dead and where the crap is that battery charger? Anyways, I know it's been a while since I posted so I am just going ahead without pics. We'll all use our imagination.

Christmas was fantastic this year. My kids are a great age, it get's better all the time. However, I wonder at what age do little boys grow a little less present oriented and a little more excited about giving? I wonder as a Mom, what is normal and what is something I need to work on with them? Just the same, I tried really hard to stick to a budget but nothing is more fun for me than buying presents for them. I love it. I don't like going to the store, but I like to buy on the internet and this year was no exception. I had alot of fun. Christmas itself was just so relaxing. I didn't cook a lot that day and we all relaxed. I even watched a TV movie and took a nap. It was great. The kids were really happy too.

Anyways, the kids are pumped because next week I am taking them to the rodeo. Every year Denver hosts the National Western Stock Show and I have always said I am going and never have. So Sam overheard me telling my Mom about it and telling her they have "muttin bustin" at the end and I think the kids will like it. Sam overheard "muttin bustin" and I can't convince him in any way that he doesn't get to witness them bustin cows and horses. Does he even know what "busting" means? Really that would be pretty gruesome and traumatizing, but I told him it's little kids trying to ride sheep and apparently he doesn't believe me at all. So, we bought the most nosebleeding cheap tickets we can get, and hopefully it's not packed and not everyone around me will here the crazy questions I am expecting.

I am excited though. I went to a few rodeo's as a child and am anxious to give my kids the chance to see one too. I am passing my culture on ;). Hail Idaho and the good old country.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you have a slot on your computer that you can stick the card in and just download it from there? Our computer has a compacflash, a xd, a sd, and a ms/ms pro slot for that... You should look and see!
Good luck! The other option is you could get a little card adapter for cheap!

Natalie said...

Hey Stacy! We totally tried to stick to a budget for Christmas this year with Enoch as well but it was just SO exciting for Joe & I to shop for him and everytime we were at a store we would find something that would just be awesome for him! We're in the same boat. Aside from Christ being the reason for the season, I feel Christmas is really for the kids in enjoyment so don't worry about them not getting into the giving part yet. They will watch you and see how happy you are when you give and in turn, they will follow in your footsteps. :D Being an example is the best way to teach a child.

Also wanted to comment on the Stock show, we actually went today and just did the grounds stuff. Enoch got to go to a petting zoo for the first time and he LOVED all the cows. We had a blast and I hope you guys do too. :D Enjoy it and get that camera working so you can have fun memories. :D