Dad with boys the night we decorated the tree, I left it the way they did it for a couple of days.
Sam was so excited to play in the snow, he took it how he could get it, he was about to throw a snow ball at Mom. It was cold and snowy the day before, but about 45 degrees and perfect for playing when this picture was taken.
Isaac's first Dentist appointment. He really dug wearing the shades for the "light" and the blown up glove.
Isaac's first swimming lesson. Parent and Tot class. Daddy got to take him because Mommy can't fit into her pre maternity bathing suit, and doesn't feel like springing for a new one. Anyways, Daddy thoroughly enjoyed it.
So, if you look closely at these nutcrackers, they are all war casulties in some way; missing arms, nose, hair, legs....etc. One nice thing about the tree is the boys see little soldiers and what do they do? Fight of coarse, what else? I don't want Christmas memories to include Jingle Bells and "GET OUT OF THE TREE!" all the time and so....we have an emergency unit at the base of the tree. Boys are wonderful. Sure I am glad to have the opportunity to see what raising a girl will be like, but I am so glad that I didn't miss out on boys! Although it's a bit wild, boys have this gumption... this inner va-voom that I can't explain, but it makes me happy and makes me put up with a disarrayed tree and casulties. I know one day I will remember it fondly. I have often thought about what it is about boys that girls need them, but really I think it's for fun. They lighten us up and they are fun, that is why we like them.

No comments:
Post a Comment