So this last June we took our only camping trip this summer. I uploaded pictures a month ago and just realized I actually never published this blog. However, I am going too because it took so long to upload all of these.
The first day we went to "pony camp" in Vail. Colorado had a freak late snow storm, but the roads were fine and it mostly all melted and we made it! Sam and Isaac had a blast of a first real horsey experience, made less intimidating by small little ponys.
We actually camped at Shadow Mountain Resevoir, which is just right by Granby lake and outside Rocky Mountain National Park. It was too wet to really have a fire the first night, but Ted really, really tried.
The boys posing by the little bridge by our campsite.
The rainclouds the first day over the resevoir. The clouds were gorgeous.
On the Cub Lake hike in Rocky Mountain National park, probably the last time Adriana will be carried so far. It was short about 2 1/2 miles each way.
We were testing how much we could push the boys, apparently alot farther than we could push Mom and Dad.
Cub Lake
From the top of the trail too Cub Lake.
I know you shouldn't feed wildlife, but these were some pretty well fed chipmunks, and it's so fun when they get that close! The kids loved it. Nobody tell RMNP!
My husband told the boys that this rock along the trail was eating the little rocks :)
There were elk this close just everywhere.
Along Trail Ridge Road. All the National Parks are free the first day of summer so we enjoyed this one free of charge. It wasn't too busy either, especially from the Grand Lake entrance.
Dad and the kids.
I can't remember this creatures name anymore, but they live in really harsh climates.
Some of the snow drifts were still this high....thank goodness it was a beautiful day lower down.
Me and my wacky kids
Near our campground. We had great weather the rest of out 3 day trip and no mosquitos!
Sam
Adriana
And lastly, the best part of camping...junk food. This was Isaac's plate. A bite out of the hot dog, and a bite out of the side of marshmellow.

3 comments:
I want to go check out this area, it looks gorgeous. Glad you guys had a fun time. Great pictures!
What a fun camping trip!! We sure do miss you guys!!
thank you,I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable.I really enjoyed reading this post. big fan, thank you!visit my website น้ำเต้าปูปลา ออนไลน์
Post a Comment