Leelou Blogs

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Over due notes from Idaho on the 4th of July

Grands and Greats, Isaac is in the lower right hand corner looking completely bored, yep, my kid.
Each family had a color, and my Mom's grand kids in green.
There is my Grandpa and Grandma in the middle, Grandma laughing at trying to get all the kids to look, and Grandpa just happily soaking it in.
So Grandma doesn't like to be pictured in her bathing suit, but I think it's so great that both her and my Dad got in the pool to play with thier grand kids, and they got her good :)

Sam and Isaac testing the water, and my playhouse and garden in the back, it's nice to know some things stay the same...at least for a little while. Definitely not the boys :).


So, what seems to be now an annual thing, we visited Idaho for the 4th of July. It's a fun place to be then. It's warm enough, nobody follows fireworks laws, and what they call "heavy traffic" for the parade and fireworks makes me laugh. So, I love it. It's nice to be somewhere where there is still wheat fields spotting the houses.
Anyways, we also went back because my Grandma and Grandpa Hill (mom's parents) were celebrating there 60th anniversary this year with a family reunion of there descendants. It was great because all though I was real tight with my cousins growing up, every ones huge and growing families have made me see them less and less..... it was great to see the ones who could come, they were all really cool. It was also nice to see my aunts and uncles. Why are they growing older when I stay the same? They look like Grandma's and Grandpa's :).

Well I had two favorite things this trip. Among several activities was a horse and wagon ride around Ucon where my Gr. & Gr. have always lived in their married life (when they weren't on a mission). Grandpa told all kinds of stories about growing up and it seems at one time, I was related to half of Ucon. Anyways, I loved hearing Grandpa's stories because it sounds like he had a lot of fun, and played a lot of jokes. I recorded some of them but tried to upload just one silly story and it took me a day to get my computer back to normal, so I won't....suffice to say, Grandpa is a lot of fun and Grandma is very fun and handled it well and is very talented. I have a nice heritage.
My next favorite thing was just hanging in my parents back yard. They do all sorts of beautiful gardening and landscaping and the little play house my dad built for my sisters and I is still standing and looking fresh and passing on the fun to my kids. Mom and Dad got a little inflatable 1-2 foot pool and all the cousins played for hours while others hung out on the picnic table or hammock and I think in some way Steph and I managed to push each other in. Dad even got in and did a couple of cannon balls and is okay, thanks to the titanium hips :0).







.







1 comment:

Valerie said...

It was good to see you, I'm glad you enjoyed your trip!

By the way, I didn't know you were pregnant! Congrats!