Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Geese
So, I live in a Canadian Goose migration pattern. I see them flying south, but not north again. At first I hated it. They land in the parks and there is poo everywhere. So, it was a pain, especially since dogs like poo. I used to let them chase the geese. But I too can grow up and that is the point of my blog. I have started paying attention. Last year I didn't see them until the end of December and beginning of January. This year, they started a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving. You see the most in the morning, but they come all day. They are amazing. I am so detatched from nature in the city it's thrilling to hear and see them. It's remarkable they are such heavy birds and they fly so hard on eating basically grass. And there gabble sounds wonderful against the other prominent sound, traffic. It reminds me I am a part of something bigger, something that doesn't depend on the stock market. Something that lives and adjusts and is cared for by heavenly father and survives and doesn't have constant news ringing in their ear. They do what nature requires. So, happily I have stepped over the poo and have decided to keep my dogs on the leash and let the weary and hungry geese be. I love to see them. And I can grow up. I have lived here 5 years now, so if God willing I make it till I am 90, there might be hope for me yet to be a good person. Until then, I hope I see geese every year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment