Leelou Blogs

Friday, February 6, 2009

My Baby is 3







You know I look at my kids now and I feel time flying. Isaac just turned 3. He is my baby I will admit it. I still hold him, all 30 and so odd pounds. I pick him up. Yeah, he is growing up, but I am afraid of how it will be when the next one comes because he's my baby. Time is flying and my biggest fear is forgetting. Kids are so constantly filling you with wonderment and memories you start to barely remember. But I want to remember their little feet. I want to remember the silly things they say and what it feels like to tuck in my Mommas boys and see there cute faces. Anyways, so here was Isaac's birthday. We went to our friends the Cooks because their daughter Naomi turns 3 the day after Isaac, so we had a little party with them together. I wanted Isaac to feel special so we bought our first store cake, he loved it. It was one of those cool new cupcake cakes and I think Isaac loved his birthday, but he was tired too. For any of you who wonder, he got his black eye at another birthday party earlier that week. He was simply climbing on a chair up to a table to see that birthday cake and he slipped and banged his eye on the corner of the table. So, we have a little bruiser for his Birthday pics.
I love my little boys, and little boys they are, barely toddlers anymore. I hope they call me sometimes still when they are grown up :). You can't store time in a bottle or I'd preserve this one like a fruit at the best of the season.



2 comments:

momanddad said...

I loved the pics of MY boys. Especially Issy since I am his 'Gwandma'. What a cute birthday cake. When I first saw it I thought that you had decided after all to make your own. Very cute! Love Mom

Oveson's said...

Yea for birthdays!!! I found your blog and I just wanted to say hi!!!