Leelou Blogs

Friday, March 13, 2009

Anxiously awaiting

So, a couple of weeks ago I went to an ultrasound as they are watching my babies size since I was measuring small...and the wonderful ultrasound lady Kathy was in a good mood and turned on the 3D machine to show me my little girl's face. This is a side view with her little hand near her mouth.

I was tired and sick prior to that about 3 weeks and worried because I was measuring so small, but I have grown enough that they aren't worried and seeing her beautiful and realistic face just did something for my mood, it is incredible, I am enamored with her.

Also that Friday after this pic was taken (about 2 weeks ago, I am busy and slow I know)...my friend Patti Merrill, who I have known for a while and has become quite the artist with her pictures, had me in for an "expecting" photo session. It was the most incredible experience because not only do I love the pictures, they are so much more than a simple person like myself could ask for, but since I am in my last days I feel bloated, fat and because I am so busy "nesting" around the house I often go a whole day in sweats. I haven't felt beautiful often lately or even felt the joy beyond the normal "symptoms" of last trimester pregnancy. It was wonderful and I would recommend everyone do it, it's so beautiful and fun and will really give you an attitude change. Anyways, I have Patti's photo blog on the left, but I will also put the connection here. www.merrilldpblog.blogspot.com I think she has had only one post since she put up my slide show, but feel free to take a look, I think she's really good.


Anyways, as of today I am a week away and I have got my top priority list of things to get done, done. So each new day is another to do other things I have wanted to get done, but the most important things are done, so I could go at any time. As for symptoms, wether I eat or don't eat, I will get heartburn, so I no longer care... I just carry around medicine and I let it happen. It will end, I know. What's funny is older ladies will tell me it's because my baby has lots of hair....and I don't know if it's true, but the ultra sound lady tells me she has lots of hair. I have to believe her because the 3d photos are good, but it's so cramped in there, I no longer know what the heck she is showing me in those little videos, I just believe her, they look like Freudian ink blots to me.

As for my little sons, thinking about baby has led me to reflect alot on them, and I really feel all the time for them and have reflected on being their Mom, I have told them what it was like when they were born alot. However, I no longer chase them as much and generally don't want to run or bend anymore and they have gotten away with things they didn't before so I am already feeling the adjustment. I will need to crack down more on them after the baby is born, but I am sure I will deal with a little "behavior" for a while. I have a story I think is funny, but some may find it a little crude, so if you aren't up for it, don't read. But, the other day I was letting them play just in front of my house in the common area. I was watching out our window. I couldn't see them for a minute or so, so I walk outside and I see them just on the other side of a big tree. ( I live in a townhome and just outside my front door is our "common area"). They had taken their coats off and I noticed that Sam was helping Isaac with his overalls. At first I loved how they looked helping each other, but then I thought, why are Isaac's overalls off? And as a Mom to toddler boys I knew in almost an instant. I said, "Sam, was Isaac peeing out here", of coarse he told me the truth right away since it wasn't self incriminating..."yes", and then I knew. Isaac who isn't potty trained because he is a willfull one, wouldn't do it unless he was inspired by Sam, so then I asked Isaac if Sam was peeing on the tree, in which I was told yes. So, my sons had a little public display out in front of everyone, who although I didn't see anyone, could have easily been looking out their window, there are several townhomes whose frontdoors face out into a big yard.
I have let my boys go away to private areas and pee when we are in the woods or have a park emergency in the winter...but we have had lots of talks about when it's appropriate, but I just had to laugh, because I have been a mother to boys so long now, it almost doesn't suprise or phase me anymore.

I'm curious about being a Mom to a little girl. It should be intersting, hopefully a little different too ;).

3 comments:

Natalie said...

That is so awesome that you got to go 3D! Yah for you, she's beautiful!!! We're almost there Stacy! :D

Lara said...

Can't wait to meet her!

Rachelle said...

Stacy- I know your busy, but we are all anxiously awaiting pics of the new babe! Maybe you should post while your awake in the middle of the night! =)