Leelou Blogs

Sunday, March 29, 2009

I know I know, finally the stats on my girl

This is Isaac on the way home from the hospital sharing his very special (and worn) puppy with his sister....I love this picture because of the sibling love it shows.

Okay, so a little over a week ago, I went into labor. I actually went into labor on Thursday March 19, 2009...early in the wee hours of the morning. However, as soon as I was on my way to the doctor's office my contractions stopped. I was frustrated, and went for a long walk with Isaac at Expo park because there are alot of dips and hills on that walk. Dr. Goodman, who checked me, bet I would be going into real labor within 24-48 hours, but I didn't believe him, I was frustrated. Well, that night at about 6:30 I started the contraction thing and this time they were really kind of painful and fast, so we finished dinner, put the boys to bed, and then when they were really close, woke them up promptly and took them to the Roberts (our neighbors who the boys call Grandma and Grandpa) and went to the hospital. I couldn't have gotten there sooner. They started really fast, so fast, that my epidural really didn't work until I was practically ready to push, it was fast. So fast, that once it kicked in, I laid and waited for the doctor. I only pushed for about 5 minutes and Adriana was born on her due date....Friday March 20, 2009 at 1:03 am. Dr. Goodman delivered her and was happy to say he told me so. He got there and was gone again in about 20 minutes it was so easy. I was happily suprised, but wish I would have gone to the hospital quicker. I love the epidural.



So, to the left you will see a picture I took of her in the hospital, she is beautiful. I may have told a few of you that her name was Alejandra Olivia...which I thought it was going to be, but my sweet husband had a change of heart and wanted to name her Adriana Olivia. I finally relented on the last day of the hospital, but find myself still wanting to call her Ali sometimes.



She was 6 lbs and 8 ozs when she was born and 20 inches long. She would fit the premie clothes but she is so tall that only the onsies fit her. I'm glad I only had one outfit. I love that she was born on the first day of spring and Sunday when we left the hospital to bring her home it was about 80 degrees, sunny and the trees were blooming white blossoms in front of the hospital. The mood reflected perfectly what her birth means to our family, hope and warmth and joy of the good things in the world. Spring is my favorite season.



The boys are doing good with her, better than I thought. I guess parts of children are naturally good and they want to "pet" her all the time...rub her head, and hold her and have embraced her. I can tell they are adjusting to the change of pace and attention, but I think time will make that better.



Well, I have alot I could write, but I am a tired Mommy now. I am a blessed, tired Mommy.

8 comments:

Lara said...

She is beautiful! I love the picture to the left. Can't wait to hold her myself...

Bonnie said...

Congrats! She's adorable.

Oveson's said...

Congrads girl...it was way great to see you at church!!

Natalie said...

Congratulations Stacy and Family. She is beautiful and such a great story!! You're awesome! Keep up the great work. So glad the boys are doing well. :D

Janna said...

Congratulations! She's a doll! Hope all is well!

*Ashleigh* said...

Congrats! She is gorgeous. Can't wait to see her for real. Best Wishes!

Unknown said...

Good job Stacy and Ted! You guys are great parents; and make cute kids. Hope to see you guys sometime soon.

Scott said...

hey, thought I would send a note to say that I hope everything is going well with the new kiddo (and the old ones, too)... (actually with the really old one, as well.)