Leelou Blogs

Sunday, June 28, 2009

SUPER NANNY!

I'll have to admit that I don't post as much as I would like because usually the day I have time is on Sunday...and Sunday is usually the day that my kids act the worse! So, I don't exactly feel like writing the warmest things about motherhood. I feel like saying I used to wonder why minivan drivers seem to be the most aggressive, and I completely understand now. Alot of times you're late, and at least one child is whining and another crying and you wish you were a tank to run anyone over.

And I will do what we are all afraid to do, admit it some times is way too much and even unhappy, at least for a day. I will admit this because I felt inadequate and then one sweet mother that has seemed to have mastered herself and have really good boys admitted to me that her boys used to act the worse on Sunday and it gave me hope...so I am throwing it out there, even though we as mother's don't want to be judged, maybe I will make you laugh or feel better when you really do want to sell your kids to the gypsies.

A little while ago after church I took my children ( I am married but my husband works 12 hour shifts on the weekends and so it's me and the kids on Sundays) to see a dear older lady friend of mine, she's probably in her 80's and I should have known better, but she wanted to see my new baby. So...we get to her house full of glass figurines, glass things and more priceless glass things, she looks at my boys and says "why don't you guys sit quietly on the couch, while your mother and I talk"... oh my goodness, I knew right away that this wasn't going to work. So after a few minutes I convinced her maybe the boys could go to the back yard. But they didn't know what to do "alone" out there and so they kept coming in.

Bless, her heart, I don't think she meant to hurt my feelings, but something about my kids she says to me...."Have you seen that show Super Nanny". I said I have and it was interesting.... and then I wondered to myself, is it that bad? I watch the show and think, "well at least my kids aren't that bad", but am I in denial?

Anyways, I think it's funny and I hope you do to.

So I leave the visit after the longest half an hour of my life, pulling Isaac off of her piano as he reaches for anything to grab like some wild boar and think I probably don't have to worry about going through this again because I don't think I will ever be invited. I think my only friends anymore can be other's with little boys because probably noone else understands us, or probably wants to be around us.

Obviously today they were total juvenille delinquants, up to the bitter end. Even going to bed was rough, if it would have worked to sit on them and make them go to sleep, I would have tried it. But they are very aware that there are two of them and one of me. So here is to the good, the bad, and the ugly...because let's admit it, there are those days :).

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

oh Stacy you crack me up. When I have those crazy days I always see a few people who have those "knowing looks." Yesterday in church a lady talked about how we needed to be less judging of young mothers at church. She said they're special. I laughed. I thought it was funny. Anyway, I think we all try as hard as we can. I love you.
Ra

cathy said...

When Bob was in the Bishopric - I had to bring all my kids to church by myself. There were Sundays that I wondered why I was even at church. Mostly because by the time I got there I was so angry or unpset or --- whatever that I had no spirit or maybe I had the spirit of contention....but as the kids grew up and moved away ...I actually (occasionally) miss those caotic sunday's! Have fun!!!!!

Oveson's said...

I love it!! I think you are a great mom...and it is always impressive to me how you make it through sundays without your husband...you are my example of super mom. Totally made me laugh!!

Natalie said...

There are those days for sure, and I only have 1 crazy guy right now. I'm sure Trav will follow in his footsteps. The great thing about boys is, this is the hard part right now, when they're young. Once they get older it gets easier. Watch out for Adriana! Once the hormones kick in and the drama, you'll be begging for more little boys. :D Just know that I'm here for ya!!! You guys can come over whenever and all of our boys can terrorize together. :D

Anonymous said...

Yes, boys and glass NEVER mix! :) Boys need something to do at that age, and no amount of "sitting and being quiet" will do... Next time (if you get invited back), take them to the park and "run 'em dead" before you go... They'll be much more manageable (always in theory), but it's worth a shot... And if that doesn't work, try benedryll :)! Love you sister! Good luck!