Leelou Blogs

Friday, July 10, 2009

Death to Ladybugs :)

Alot has been going on this summer and I have so many pictures! So, I will try and post some more. I will start with our camping experience. I had this fantastic idea that I really want to camp this summer...but the baby is so little and the mountains so cold...why not "experiment" at the local reservoir in town where it's warm and if it gets to cold, pack up and go home at night.

I learned;

a. there are such things as too many ladybugs.
b. packing up for camping is way to much work for one night.
c. I am grateful for water, but understand it isn't great fun when a rainstorm comes every day!
d. boys will stay up super late in a tent no matter how you threaten.

So, I won't do it again. Not that way anyways, I love to camp, but it can be funner. I look at the pics and laugh now, there were some fun times, but.....


I thought something was strange about our campsite, but I am sure there were a million lady bugs, interesting at first, down right annoying by the end. My boys didn't want to touch anything or hardly eat after a while. I was a little annoyed but didn't care until I changed the babies diaper in the morning and found a lady bug inside, then I hated them.



Storms are beautiful, so pics are better than the experience :).



We did have fun the next day on the Cherry Creek swim beach, but I envied my friend Karla who came with only her kids, snacks, sunscreen and chair. I had a lot of work unpacking when I got home. Oh yeah, and she even got all the enjoyment we did and slept in her own bed.

I like to camp, but don't think I'll go local again.








Lastly, I can't wait to add these last two pics, I know they make no sense to this subject but are so cute. This is my husbands father, Ted, meeting Adriana for the first time. She loves to stick out her tongue if you do it to her. I couldn't wait for another post to do it.



2 comments:

momanddad said...

Wow, the ladybugs were amazing. I know in some garden shops here they sell ladybugs! But, I'm with you they could get annoying! Cute pics. I loved the ones with Adrianna's grandpa. Can't wait to see all of you the end of the month. Love Mom

Oveson's said...

Wow that is impressive!! Lady bugs to the rescue. Looks like you guys had fun!!