However, Sam broke the end of his arm near his elbow and I guess that is a "growth plate" and it has to be pinned just right or his arm won't grow. So, I knew we were in trouble when the Doc asked me if he should refer me to the pediactric orthopedic surgeon at Childrens or Presbyterian St. Lukes (now Rocky Mtn. Hospital for Children). I picked the latter because it's a Health One hospital and my husband is a Health One employee and that is the only hospital our insurance will pay for. It was a good choice, again, so impressed with them and we got this really top notch surgeon, Dr. Benson, who even draws pictures of request on all her patients (she's a good surgeon, the pics are just a plus). I have absolutely no complaint about my experiences there. No waiting, great Dr.'s and everyone was so friendly!
Well, I went to Skyridge last week to get my gall bladder removed and came home the same day. The nurse there did the best IV I've ever had! I'm doing better. That's enough about that.
Lastly, today, Adriana fell off her brother's bunkbed while we were listening to conference. Had no idea she'd snuck into their room, but whatever. Anyways, it got scary when she threw up a few times after that (a big sign of a possible head injury)...so off we were again, to the ER. We know our favorites now. We just went to the Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children. Again, no waiting at all, and had the best neuro doc right there. She's fine, we got to go home, but we're hoping things happen in threes and it's our last hospiatl experience in a while!
The Millenium Falcon from Star Wars was Sam's request. Got a lot of geek attention on that one...and aren't we all a little geeky :)!
This was just for the picture, no Sam was more dressed when we went to the hospital, it was just a little hard to get a shirt on right after that, it was a stinking big cast! He just got it off last week.

2 comments:
Cool cast! I do hope there are no more hospital visits for a good long while!
I wanted to break a bone SO bad when I was a kid just to get a cast...If one of my friend had had a cast like that one, I might have tried harder to actually break something...Way to go Sam!
Post a Comment