Leelou Blogs

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Really a few random thoughts that equal an update.

I am really grateful for the Internet. I have found lately too that I am personally most happy if I do alot of other activities and spend a little less time on the Internet. Just the same, I'm glad it's here for the occasional catch up and to share my thoughts.

So Adriana has something called bladder reflux. Much like the little flap in your stomach can get weak and cause your stomach acid to come up in acid reflux. Some peoples little flap that is in the bladder can do the same thing, so when your bladder is full urine can return up to the kidneys. This can lead to more infections and that is how we found out she had this problem. Anyways, there is levels of seriousness and Adriana's isn't so bad and alot of babies grow out of it....but there is this unpleasant test to find out if you do. We did that today. I knew it would be unfun because she had it when she was about 3 months old. Anyways it involves catheters and filling up your bladder as full as it can go quickly and holding your uncomfortable crying child down on the table. I really hate it. It made me think though of our Heavenly Father. You see I can't explain to my daughter that this is uncomfortable but that way more hurtful things could happen if she doesn't go through this. I can't tell her that it will soon be over. And, she wouldn't understand even if the words came out of my mouth why this has to be done. So...I have to hold her down and watch her cry and it's hard on me. I wonder if when we go through our trials, ones we don't want and seem to be inflicted on us, if we aren't a little like this. We don't have perspective and even if our Father could explain in his words, we just wouldn't understand yet. I wonder if we don't see how this is so much better than some consequence we would have if we didn't go thought it. And, I wonder if it pains him just the same. I hope this comes to mind for me when I'm facing some trial and the only thing to do is just to trust Heavenly Father.

I'm also grateful to for people who help. A friend of ours, Alberto, has been helping us redo our basement. He has ideas, he comes over with ideas and although there is a tiny bit of a trade involved, we are definitely getting the better part of the deal. I'm so stinking grateful for that though. So much of life is someone helping you out, someone you probably have no means to help back.

Speaking of someone who gave me so much and I can't possibly pay back.....my Mom. This last week I went to Sam's first parent teacher conference. It was a nice experience. He is doing well, getting it and excelling a little even. I can't say it's because I spend countless hours studying with him. That's not true at all. It's my Mom. You see, Sam's birthday is a few days before the deadline and technically he could have gone last year. I was a mom ready for a little free time, but luckily my Mom explained to me in a convincing and logical and non judgemental way, it might be best for him to wait. It was good advice Mom, I'm really grateful now. She told me with exceptions, most girls are ready but most boys aren't when they are close to the deadline. So, I waited and I think it's been the right thing in my situation. I want Sam to feel successful in school, even if some of it's just being a little bit older. It's a big gift and I'm grateful for sometimes listening to my Mom.

Hey isn't Thanksgiving coming up next month? That isn't why I wrote this, but I will definitely feel it this year.

No comments: