Leelou Blogs

Saturday, December 18, 2010

I've noticed

This season, I have tried really hard not to focus on problems, or life that most people have to face...and have felt inspired by a talk on gratitude. I have tried to think of those who have given to me and sent thanks...but I have been thinking that alot of wonderful things in my life are contributed by people who have gone ahead and don't know me. Anyways, so this post is a thankyou for them.

First and foremost. Most people say "thankyou" to the soldiers and those for their freedom, but as I grow older, I see that the sacrifice is made by family and community, by individuals, and those that come home alive mentally changed and fighting bad memories. There must be a reason and purpose for them, and it is for people like me. People who can live good and easy lives and not think much about what it really means to live so innocently. Thankyou and may I never take you for granted or pass by you in the street or ever pass any judgement. I'm pleased to know a few soldiers and will always do my best to be supportive.

I'm grateful that as a woman I can vote and be looked upon as an equal and respected. I realize that it's not like that everywhere in the world. Thankyou women who stood up in the past and suffered criticism and worked so hard. May I never do anything to disrespect myself after you worked so hard to earn some for me.

Thanks to some choice politicians. Everyone loves to criticize them (hey me included), but there are plenty of examples of people who were politicians and worked hard to give me a good country and often did the right thing, many even who sacrificed their careers to do that. I see some even now days who did the right thing and lost for it. Like a couple good Democrats from Colorado I respect now. Anyways, I appreciate the life I have in this country. I can say what I want and the worse that can happen is people disagree with me. I can go to school and I can marry who I want. Thankyou.

Thanks to loads of teachers who undoubtedly could have made more money elsewhere. Many taught, many boosted me and many still probably have never gone on a cruise or seen the world that they teach about...thanks for the sacrifice for me.

Thanks to so many good scientists. There are so many diseases I will never know about now. I can shop online and not face the mall I despise. Thankyou scientists.

Lastly, I'm thankful for My Heavenly Father. I cannot deny his hand in my life and I see him all over when my eyes are open and I cannot deny that he is great. May I forever aspire and get better to earn your forgiveness and return to you.

Stacy

1 comment:

Janna said...

Thanks Stacy! I needed a reminder to be more grateful :)