Leelou Blogs

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

La Nina




So, I completely believed I was going to have a boy, and maybe only boys ever. It's happened to so many of my close friends. So, I had set myself up to believe and accept that- even though I really hoped to be able to know what it was like to raise a girl along with boys. I was convinced further when my sister Janae found out her 3rd was a boy about a month ago. We have always had the same gender at the same time (unplanned, I promise).
So, I really thought that the ultrasound woman was messing with me for a second when she said it's a girl. When I said "You're serious?", she said, "what do you mean by that, I don't joke around with these things!". Then I cried a little. I've always cried at my ultrasounds, but I'd already saw this one at 12 weeks, so it wasn't as amazing as seeing the first glimpse.
So yep, God has blessed me with a girl. Here is her picture. It's one of the better ultrasound pictures I have gotten... at least more clear and obvious. This is also one of the outfits I bought because I get to buy girl clothes now, I had to buy one in celebration.

5 comments:

Becca said...

NO WAY. I'm pink with envy and so excited you get to have one of the greatest gifts of all, a little girl. She will be beautiful and angelic just like you Stacy. I'm thinking right now of all the things I can get you that are pink and cute. CONGRATULATIONS.

Rachelle said...

Cute, cute outfit. I love it

Lara said...

Oh My Gosh! I am so happy for you! How great for you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Yeahhhhhhh!!! Yipppeeeee

finally another woman in that male dominated house! I'm so Happy for You Stacy!!!!!!!
Time to Shop!!!

LeAnne said...

Hey Stacy,

I just found your blog. Congrats!