So, I don't mean to gush...but I am just so excited. You see, I really like food. I am an average cook, but I just love to eat. Anyways, I will travel weekly for about 20 minutes on the highway, miles..., just to go to Sunflower Market for cheap produce. I love that place, but somewhere opened up close by that makes Sunflower gush with jealousy. I would say the produce is better quality.
I went tonight to Blazer market, and indoor "farmers market" that just opened up in the old Cub Foods location on 6th and Chambers. Loads and loads of some of the finest produce I have seen, and great selection. I think it's a place a chef would like, the produce is so nice. They have alot of nice stuff like all the mushrooms, 3 kinds of Asparagus, etc. etc. AND...the best part, it's stinking cheap and affordable. It was bliss. They have a few other things, all super high quality. Fancy rices, chutneys, juices, etc. Plus bunches of nice good looking flowers for $2 or $5. It's been my experience when stuff is that cheap it's half dead, but I bought beautiful Hydrangas for $2 and they look great.
Anyways, I am telling everyone it was so great. They are only open Thursday through Sunday...and they lower prices everyday to get rid of stuff by Sunday. So if you are Mormony like me, go Saturday night....you won't be disappointed. They close by 8.
Usually nice places like this end up in yuppyville or the burbs, but living in the ghetto has finally paid off for me :) It's my new favorite place. Oh yeah, and super great quality. I guess the guy who owns it used to be associated with Whole Foods or got bought out by them or something. I guess he must have some sort of in with some farmers though because he has some good stuff.
So go...it's great.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm happy for you there is a great market near by. Living in the ghetto has finally paid off... You made me smile! Miss you!
Ohhh good to know, thanks for sharing. I also just learned that there is a new Sprouts market going into the Gardens at Havana (old Buckingham Mall)right at Havana and Mississippi. It looks like it will be very siilar to Sunflower. Nice to new options in old A-town.
Post a Comment