Leelou Blogs

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Buffet

So...the other night I didn't want to cook. I had worked hard all day and knew I had to go all night too, so I knew how to get my sometimes penny pinching husband to agree to my plan...I said "Babe, how about the buffet".

I like food and when I was young, I used to think the buffets were for old people, our parents and those with little good taste. But I was young and stupid. I will admit, we got there just before 4, so got to pay lunch prices and the place was packed with old people, just packed. We had a manners discussion with the boys before we went in about walking slow, etc. and when we got in there I could see the importance, no broken hips caused by my boys!

So here is my ode to the buffet...the local Golden Coral no less.

It's great for a number of reasons. Quick food for whiney children. Nothing is worse than a sit down resteraunt with 3 kids under 5.

I don't think I need to say anymore why eating the buffet is a wonderful experience besides the avoidance of normal resteraunt/children pain.

I just have to laugh at a couple of mine and my husbands silly buffet habits. He usually get's 90 percent meat. Why waste stomach space and money on carbs or veggies? As for me, I get a salad first and somehow think if I start with the greens, I can gorge all I want and it will be ok? I laugh at my logic, and laugh how I am turning into my parents.

Life is funny isn't it. I love the buffet right now, I will keep my pride though and never go there for our anniversary.

No comments: