You know something simple and great happened to me tonight. My husband called from work to chat. I didn't even have a lot to say back, I was so suprised. My husband is a nurse and stays busy at work and just doesn't call, even to chat. He's just not a guy to call on the phone. When I saw his work number on the caller ID I thought something must be wrong. But he just wanted to talk about his day. I had a friend over so I even ended the conversation after a few minutes
You know I have a lot of great friends who seem to have an "easy river" marriage. I call it that because it reminds me of the water park rides where in between all the screaming, steap slides, is a little thing where you just grab a tube and are pushed around effortlessly gazing at the sun.
I can't say that I have an "easy river" marriage. For us to learn to live our life together has been bumpy and rough. Kind of like off roading. I have had an "off road" marriage :).
I will say this though. We have made it, and now we are married eight years and he is my best friend. He knows how I feel about everything, whether he likes it or not, and we are very comfortable with each other,and....he now has even called me from work. How funny, I didn't even know how to handle it.
I used to think I had to have "easy river" and mourned that I was "off roading"...but I have gotten over it. It's the destination that counts sometimes, not the road.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love you guys! Wish we lived closer to each other. -Ja
That's a great though!
That's a great THOUGHT! (That's what I meant to say!)
Post a Comment