Leelou Blogs

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Grateful




You know one of the second best things about having a baby, second because Adriana is the first, is how many people show you their love. Lots of people did this time and I am so grateful. I especially was glad to have my mother-in-law, Antonia, come for two weeks. I really grew to appreciate Antonia alot on her stay. I realized that this woman doesn't have a selfish bone in her body, and I admire her.

I am really grateful to know Patti Merrill and have such gorgeous photos so that one day my daughter will have a work of art that tells her how much she was loved by her grandma. I thought about this lately because my Grandma Long died when I was 2 and I don't remember her...but I was watching an old family recording a while ago and it was of my little sister's blessing and I saw my Grandma holding a baby and I realized it was me...and it did something to my heart to think of her holding and loving me.

I hope my baby sees the love of her grandma Antonia has for her and that it roots her solidly to those that made her and who she is on this big earth.

4 comments:

Oveson's said...

I love this beautiful photo!! Very cute!! By the way thanks again for the other day it really ment alot to me...you made that day 100 times better. your the best~~

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture! I hope Grandma enjoys it as much a Adriana does when she grows up!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this photo! Thanks for sharing. We miss you guys and hope everything is going well.

Lara said...

So sweet. That is beautiful.