Leelou Blogs

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Baby Boys


When my baby was born and the boys came to see Adriana, I tried to hold and hug them both and I thought I was doing it to comfort Isaac's transition...but what I didn't know is how much of an opportunity it was for me, he was right on the brink of growing up and the baby being born kind of pushed it over the edge. Oh my baby, baby boy :)

Sam's well on his way to growing up and he makes me proud all the time, it lets me know it will be okay as I watch Izzy do it.

I'm so lucky

See, aren't they cute, this is an older picture of last Christmas but I wanted to show some good times with my baby boys

This was cuddling Izzy Christmas morning. Isaac is my "little lover" child, noone loves to cuddle more. How I love it.



I hope you don't mind reading a short, but close to my heart, reflective essay.

You see, prior to having kids and when my first was still young, I actually had time to read some parenting books and I read a couple. One was about mother and son relationships and it basically said that up until about 3 years of age roughly most sons have a super tight relationship with the mother and favor the mother, but at about 3 they start to notice the differences in the sex and begin to favor the father. This is very healthy for their development apparently. So..I have 3 and 4 year old boys and I have thoroughly enjoyed their attachement and being the favorite to my "mamas boys"...however, I see them making the transition lately and I am happy for them and my husband who is enjoying the favoritism......and a little unhappy for me.

So here is a few words to say how much I loved my time with my baby boys. It was fun to always have you call for Mommy and be the big comforter. It was fun to hold and hug and baby baby baby you. I sense the baby stage is about over and waning. You both are gorgeous and I couldn't be happier. You really taught me why girls love boys so much. Not because they can be stinky and belchy, but because you have this inner engine and you are so very much fun. You force us to lighten up and well, girls just want to have fun and boys know how to do it well.

I appreciate the gratuitous hugs that will grow more scarce, but are craved by me your Mommy, still clinging a little. I am sad when you get hurt but it's nice you still need my comfort sometimes.

I look forward to the next stage. It's fun to watch you grow and learn to do so much, I am so happy for you, so I have to look back a little on this last stage and then run forward in life to try and catch up with you and your amazing energy.

I was suprised by you boys, I thought I would get a bunch of girls, but it has been one of the nicest suprises of my life. I'll take it any day of the week, little boys.

1 comment:

cathy said...

Stacy - love looking at your blog and seeing your little family growing up. They are so cute!!!! And one thing I do know - enjoy them while they are young because before you know it they will be leaving the nest (how sad is that) Aunt Cathy